- Chicken Wings3 Pounds
- Chicken Broth1 Cups
- White Sugar1 Cups
- Fish Sauce1/4 Cups
- Cider Vinegar2 Tablespoons
- Cornstarch1 Tablespoons
- Paprika2 Teaspoons
- Vegetable Oil1 Tablespoons
- Garlic1/3 Cupsminced
- Jalapeno peppers3 Tablespoonsminced
- Red bell peppers1/4 Cupssliced
1) Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F.
2) Pour a cup of chicken broth in a bowl and add paprika and sugar in it. Mix well.
3) Then add fish sauce, cornstarch, and vinegar in the bowl and mix well so that the mixture becomes smooth. Set the bowl aside.
4) Add a tablespoon of oil in a skillet and then add jalapeno peppers and garlic in it.
5) Stir fry the mixture over high heat for about 4 minutes so that the garlic turns a bit golden in colour.
6) Now add the chicken broth mixture in the skillet and mix well.
7) Cook the mixture for about 15 minutes so that it is reduced to about 1 ¼ cups. Do keep the mixture warm.
8) Arrange all the chicken wings in a baking dish (10 x 15).
9) Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 70 minutes so that the wings turn crispy and brownish in color. Do turn over the wings randomly in between the baking process.
10) Transfer the chicken wings to a platter with the help of a slotted spoon.
11) Pour the garlic-sauce mixture over the chicken wings and mix well.
12) Use red bell pepper strips to garnish the Thai Chicken Wings and garnish the wings with any of your favorite dipping sauces.
It’s always a great experience to enjoy chicken and it’s even better if it comes to chicken wings. I was on a trip to Thailand when I first enjoyed these tantalizing chicken wings. Fish sauce, vinegar, paprika, and jalapeno peppers give it the perfect taste while chicken broth and garlic give it the characteristic chicken taste. Garnished with red bell pepper strips, these chicken wings are a treat to the taste buds. The wings are not as snacks or main meal, but can also be served as a perfect appetizer. Get to prepare these delicious Thai Chicken wings in just about 2 hours and serve them with any of your favorite sauces.