- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
- Tomatoes2Peeled and Sliced
- All Purpose Flour2 Tablespoons
- Basil2 Teaspoons
- Milk1/2 Cups
- SaltTo Taste
- Black PepperTo Taste
- Deep Pie Crust1
- Monterey Jack Cheese1.5 CupsShredded
1) Flame your baking oven up to the 195 degree Celsius mark.
2) Bake the deep pie crust for 8-10 minutes time.
3) Heat up oil in a skillet over moderate flame. Saute onions in it for a couple of minutes.
4) Coat the sliced tomato with basil and flour and then add to the onion skillet. Stir fry for a minute.
5) Take a bowl and mix together milk and eggs. Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
6) Layer the baked pie crust with Monterey Jack Cheese, making sure you use half of it.
7) Top the cheese layer with onions and then with tomatoes.
8) Top with the prepared egg mixture and then the remaining half of the Monterey Jack Cheese.
9) Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn the oven’s flame down to 170 degree Celsius and bake the quiche for an additional 18 minutes time. Serve warm and bubbly!
If you're looking for good compliments from some visiting guests, make this Tomato and Basil Quiche Recipe for them. Nobody would ever know how easy this is, until they try it. The taste and the texture wouldn't tell how simple this recipe is to make. Absolutely delicious and filling. A perfect main dish or appetizer to have!