- Tomatoes2 Cupsplus 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Red chilies4dry
- Lentils1 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper5 Teaspoons
- Asafoetida2 Pinch
- Water2 Tablespoons
- Oil1 Tablespoons
- Saltto taste
- Curry Leaves8
- Mustard Seeds0.5 Teaspoons
- Fenugreek Seeds2
1) Pour oil in a saucepan and add lentils in it.
2) Bring the saucepan to low heat and allow the lentils to saute and allow it to turn maroon in color.
3) Add red chilies, black pepper, cloves, and ginger in the saucepan.
4) Mix until the red chilies get changed in color.
5) Add salt, chopped tomatoes, and asafoetida in it.
6) Saute the mixture for about 6 minutes while you continue to stir it so that the tomatoes become soft.
7) Allow the mixture to cool and transfer it to a blender.
8) Add water (2 tbsp) in the blender and blend it until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.
9) Pour another tablespoon of oil in another saucepan add mustard seeds in it.
10) Add a red chili, asafoetida, fenugreek seeds, and curry leaves. Allow the curry leaves to become crispy.
11) Add tomato paste in the saucepan and heat it on low-flame. Check it for the salt content and add more salt if you like.
12) Transfer the dip to serving plate and serve it readily.
Tomato Dip is probably the most popular dip around the world. Clove is the secret ingredient that gives this sauce a great flavor and aroma. You can serve it with a burger or a sandwich.