- Tomatoes12medium-sized; ripe
- Onion1small sized; coarsly chopped
- Celery1 Cupschopped
- Bay Leaf1
- Paprika1/4 Teaspoons
- Sugar1/2 Teaspoons
- Saltto taste
1) Remove the green leafy part of the tomatoes and cut them into slices.
2) Chop onion and celery into fine pieces.
3) Take a non-reactive pot and fill it with chopped celery and onion, tomato slices, sugar, salt, paprika, and bay leaf.
4) Bring the pot over low heat for about 30 minutes so that the tomatoes become soft. Continue to mix well.
5) Remove the bay leaf from the mixture.
6) Place a strainer over a bowl and allow the juice to pass through it.
7) Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
8) Place a couple of ice cubes in serving glasses and pour tomato juice over the ice cubes.
9) Garnish the drink with lemon slices and serve the drink.
Tomato Juice is a delicious juice that has a lot of health benefits. Homemade version of this juice is much better than the one sold in the market as there are no artificial flavors or preservatives. Onion, bay leaf, and celery not only give this drink a great taste, but also enhance the healthy aspect of the juice. You may use black pepper instead of paprika to give it a unique taste. You may serve this drink as a healthy afternoon drink to counter the blistering summer heat.