- Deep Pie Crust
- Basil1/2 CupsChopped
- Green Onions3Sliced
- Bacon1/2 PoundsChopped
- Garlic Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Oregano1 Teaspoons
- Mayonnaise1/4 Cups
- Cheddar Cheese2 CupsShredded
- Red Pepper Powder1/2 Teaspoons
1) Prepare your oven prior to the baking process. Heat it up to the 185 degree Celsius mark.
2) Take a bowl and mix together basil, scallions, tomatoes, garlic powder, oregano and red pepper.
3) Add bacon to the bowl and toss and coat readily.
4) Fill the pie crust with the prepared bowl mixture.
5) Take another bowl and mix together cheese and mayon. Whisk together readily.
6) Top the pie with the cheese mixture prepared in the previous step. Enclose the pie in aluminium foil.
7) Bake the pie in the preheated oven for half an hour. Discard the foil, but only from the top.
8) Leave to bake for half hour more. Serve hot!
You wont get to cook or eat many more delicious pie dishes than this Tomato Pie Recipe . At first bite it tasted pretty much like a BLT sandwich, but trust me, it was way better. The basil flavors are stunning and the best thing about this recipe is that you may go ahead and use any of your favorite cheeses.