- Whole Chicken1Pieces
- Green Onion3 TablespoonsChopped
- CIlantro3 TablespoonsChopped
- Garlic1 TeaspoonsChopped
- Onion1 TeaspoonsChopped
- SaltTo Taste
- Black PepperTo Taste
- Vegetable Oil1 Tablespoons
- Brown Sugar1/4 Cups
- Water1 Cups
- Canned Coconut Milk1/2 Cups
- Red Pepper Flakes1 Teaspoons
- Ketchup2 Tablespoons
- Butter1 Tablespoons
1) Take a bowl and mix together cilantro, green onion, salt, black pepper, onion and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
2) Add chicken to the bowl and coat readily. Cover the bowl and leave aside for half an hour.
3) Heat up oil in a skillet over moderate flame. Fry sugar until brown.
4) Add the marinated chicken to the hot sugar and stir fry on both sides.
5) Seal the skillet and leave to cook for a couple of minutes.
6) Stir in coconut milk, red pepper flakes and add a cup of water. Mix well.
7) Leave to cook for around 10 minutes time, then add in butter and ketchup. Whisk well over flame.
8) Stirring occasionally, cook for about 25 minutes or until the chicken has been cooked thoroughly. Serve hot!
I have been a huge fan of stew recipes my whole life, and this Trinidad Stewed Chicken Recipe is surely one of my favorites. The chicken comes in a stunning flavorful sauce and is extremely soft and tender. Great to taste with your favorite rice. People from the middle east would have this with toasted flat breads!