- Linguine Pasta16 Ounces
- Olive Oil1/2 Cups
- Pineapple Juice1/2 Cups
- Orange Juice1/2 Cups
- Orange Zest5 Teaspoons
- Lemon Zest5 Teaspoons
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Pepper1 Teaspoons
- Garlic5 Cloves
- Shrimp1 Poundsmedium
- Parsley2 Tablespoons
- Parmesan Cheese2 Tablespoonsgrated
1) Pour generously salted water in a pot and bring it over high heat; let the mixture come to a rolling boil.
2) Add linguine pasta in the pot and mix well; then let the mixture come to a boil.
3) Cook the pasta for about 11 minutes so that the pasta is well cooked but is quite firm if bitten.
4) Pour olive oil in a blender and then add orange juice, pineapple juice, salt and pepper, garlic, orange zest, lemon juice, and lemon zest in it.
5) Blend the olive oil mixture on high speed so that the mixture is quite smooth.
6) Transfer the olive oil sauce to a skillet and bring the skillet over high heat; cook for about 2 minutes and let the mixture come to a boil.
7) Add parsley and shrimp in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes so that the shrimp is well cooked and turns pink in color.
8) Drain the linguini and place it over a serving platter.
9) Now transfer the shrimp along with sauces over the serving plate; then garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
10) Serve the tropical shrimp scampi as desired.
When I first heard the name of this recipe, I sensed something light and refreshing – yes, the reason is the word ‘tropical.’ A perfect combination of seafood and fruits, tropical shrimp scampi lets you enjoy a great health punch. Orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, and lemon zest give you the just perfect citrus punch. Do enjoy this seafood recipe in the morning and enjoy a light and refreshing day. The great thing is that you can come up with this dish in just about 40 minutes.