- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
- Turkey1 PoundsMinced
- Yellow Onion1Chopped
- Green Bell Pepper1Chopped
- Garlic4 ClovesChopped
- Bay Leaves2
- White Wine1/2 Cups
- Canned Tomato Sauce8 Ounces
- Green Olives1/3 CupsChopped
- Raisins1/3 Cups
- Canned Black Beans1/2 Cups
- Olive Brine1 Tablespoons
- Capers1 Tablespoons
- Cayenne Pepper2 Teaspoons
- Cumin Powder2 Teaspoons
1) Heat up oil in a skillet over high flame.
2) Fry the minced turkey in the hot oil until evenly brown.
3) Transfer the fried turkey to a bowl, filtering off any excess fat left behind by it.
4) Heat up some more oil in the same skillet, this time over moderate flame.
5) Throw in bay leaves, bell pepper, onions and garlic. Stir fry until the vegetables are soft.
6) Add the fried turkey and stir in tomato sauce and wine. Heat through and mix for a minute.
7) Add black beans, olives, raisins, olive brine, capers, cayenne and cumin. Mix thoroughly and cook for 15 minutes. Serve!
Turkey Picadillo Recipe is a very vintage dish straight from the Cuban kitchens which is highly flavorful. Can be served with your favorite rice or simple with nacho chips. This is highly versatile and can even be had inside hamburger buns. I'd call them Sloppy Joes from Cuba!