- All Purpose Flour1 1/2 Cups
- Baking Powder1 Teaspoons
- Salt1 Pinch
- Water1/2 Cups
- Melted Butter1/2 Cups
- Sugar3/4 Cups
- Yogurt4 Tablespoons
- Apple Cider Vinegar1 Tablespoons
- Baking Soda1/2 Teaspoons
- Vanilla Extract1 Teaspoons
1) Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2) Place all purpose flour in a bowl and add baking powder and a pinch of salt in it.
3) Use oil to grease a pan.
4) Place some butter in a pan and allow it to melt.
5) Add sugar in the pan and mix well. Set aside the pan.
6) Place 3 tbsp yogurt in a bowl and add a tablespoon of water in it. Mix well so that the mixture becomes smooth.
7) Add a tablespoon of vinegar and baking soda. Stir well again.
8) Add the butter mixture in the flour mixture and add vanilla extract.
9) Fold the batter well so that there are no lumps left.
10) Transfer the batter in the baking pan and release the air bubbles by shaking the pan.
11) Place the baking pan in the center of the oven and bake it for about 35 minutes or until a teaser poked in the center comes out clean.
12) Cover the top with a butter paper and allow it to cool down to room temperature for about 8 minutes.
13) Allow the vanilla cake to cool on a wire rack.
14) Serve the cake plain with tea or use it as a base to make fruit trifle or any other dessert.
Vanilla Cake is a soft and moist cake that is not only served plain but is also used in several dessert recipes such as pineapple cake, chocolate cream cake, black forest cake, and fruit trifle. To make it less sweet, you can reduce the amount of sugar to half a cup.