- Potatoes300 Grams
- Carrot125 Grams
- French Beans40 Grams
- Peas1/2 Cupsfresh or frozen
- Onion1medium; finely choped
- Garlic1 Teaspoonschopped
- Green Chilies2
- Coriander Leaves2 Tablespoons
- Coriander Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Cumin Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Red Chili Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder1/8 Teaspoons
- Bread Crumbs6 Tablespoons
- Saltto taste
- Oil3 Tablespoonsfor frying; or as required
- Corn Starch3 Tablespoons
- Rice Flour2 Tablespoons
- Gram Flour2 Tablespoons
- Water1/2 Cups
- Bread Slices5
- Tomato1small; thinly sliced
- Cucumber1small; thinly sliced
- Onion1small; thinly sliced
- Cabbage Leaves5chopped
- Sesame Burger Buns4
- Egg less Mayonnaise3 Tablespoons
- Mustard Seeds1/2 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper1/2 Teaspoonsfreshly crushed
- Sugar1/2 Teaspoons
- Lemon Juice1 Tablespoons
- Vinegar1/2 Teaspoons
- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
1) Break 7 slices of breads with hands and place them in a blender.
2) Blend them well to make them fine.
3) Place the bread crumbs in a bowl and set them aside.
For vegetable patty mixture:
1) Rinse the vegetables (3 potatoes, 9 French beans,1/3 cup peas) and steam them well so that they are well cooked. You can also cook them in a pressure cooker for about 3 whistles.
2) Peel the potatoes and chop them roughly. Then peel the carrots and chop them finely.
3) At last, chop the French beans finely.
4) Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes.
5) Allow the mashed potatoes to cool and add beans, steamed peas, and chopped carrots.
6) Mix well so that the ingredients are well mixed and set it aside.
7) Crush 5 garlic, 1 ginger (1/2- inch), and 2 green chilies in a blender.
8) Chop a medium sized onion into fine pieces.
9) Pour a tablespoon of oil in a pan and heat it well.
10) Add garlic-ginger paste in the oil and saute for about 10 seconds so that the peculiar smell of garlic and ginger is no more there.
11) Add the chopped onions, mix well, and saute until the onions turn light brown in color.
12) Add red chili powder (1/2 teaspoon), turmeric powder (1/4 teaspoon), coriander powder (1/2 teaspoon), and cumin powder (1/2 teaspoon) in the pan.
13) Stir well so that the spices are well mixed.
14) Turn off the stove and add chopped parsley.
15) Mix well and add sautéed onions to the mashed vegetables.
16) Add bread crumbs along with salt and mix well again.
17) Set aside the vegetable patty mixture.
For Mayonnaise dressing and toppings:
1) Place 3 tablespoon of mayonnaise in a mixing bowl and add half a teaspoon of crushed mustard seeds along with half a teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
2) Add a tablespoon of lemon juice or adjust its amount to taste.
3) Add half a teaspoon of regular vinegar along with a tablespoon of olive oil.
4) Add half a teaspoon sugar along with 3 pinches salt.
5) Mix the dressing well and set it aside.
6) Slice a small onion, a tomato, a cucumber into thin slices.
7) Chop 5 cabbage leaves into small pieces.
1) Add three tablespoon each of cornstarch and rice flour along 2 tablespoon of gram flour.
2) Add half a cup of water and stir well so that there are no more lumps in the batter. Set aside.
For frying veggie patties:
1) Pour 3 tablespoon of oil in a pan and heat it over medium heat.
2) Dip the veggie patty in the batter and coat it evenly.
3) Now place them on the breadcrumbs and coat them evenly.
4) Now place the patty in the oil.
5) Repeat the procedure with all the patties.
6) Flip over the patties when the base becomes brown in color.
7) Fry the patties evenly so that the crust becomes golden in color and is well crispy.
8) Transfer the patties on kitchen towels.
1) Cut the burger buns into equal pieces and spread some butter on each of them.
2) Heat a pan and toast the bun from the butter side and allow it to become golden and crispy.
3) Repeat the procedure with all the buns.
4) Spread mayonnaise dressing on the crispier side and place a veggie patty.
5) Add slices of onion, tomato, and cucumber.
6) Spread mayonnaise on the other side and add chopped leaves of cabbage.
7) Combine the bun halves.
8) Serve the burgers with any of your favorite sauces such as tomato sauce.
Mayonnaise, veggie slices, and vegetable patties make this recipe a very special one. The burgers go great with French fries. Homemade ones are quite better than the ones sold in the market with respect to taste and food quality and it’s also economical to prepare them at home. You can include any of your favorite spices or herbs in the recipe. Serve the burgers immediately with French fries and any sauce you like. You can serve these burgers as a wholesome lunch and also as a snack.