- Whole Wheat Flour2 Cups
- Soy Flour1/4 Cupsoptional
- Cinnamon1 1/2 Tablespoonsground
- Cloves1 Tablespoonsground
- Baking Soda4 Teaspoons
- Tapioca Starch2 Teaspoonsoptional
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Hot Water1 1/2 Cups
- Flax Seed Meal1/4 Cups
- Brown Sugar2 Cups
- Vanilla Extract4 Teaspoons
- Currants3/4 Cupsdried; optional
- Almonds1/2 Cupsblanched; slivered
1) Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 350 F and then generously grease a baking pan (9 x 13) with cooking spray or butter.
2) Place whole wheat flour in a bowl and add salt, soy flour, baking soda, cinnamon, tapioca start, and ground cloves in it. Mix well so that the mixture is quite smooth; set the bowl aside.
3) Pour hot water in a mixing bowl and spread some flax meal over the bowl; do mix it for a while so that the flax absorbs the water and the mixture becomes a bit thick and creamy.
4) Add vanilla and brown sugar in the bowl and mix well so that the sugar gets well dissolved.
5) Now add almonds, currants, and carrots in the bowl and mix well.
6) Add the dry mixture in the bowl so that it becomes a bit moist.
7) Then transfer the batter to the greased baking pan and place the pan in the preheated oven.
8) Bake for about half an hour so as to make sure that a teaser poked in the center of the cake comes out clean.
9) Let the cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes; transfer the cake to a wire rack and let the cake cool down completely.
10) Serve this delicious vegan carrot cake as a perfect and creamy dessert.
If you are looking for some perfect vegan dessert, you arrived at the just right place. Vegan carrot cake is one of those cakes that have lately got the attention of most of the food lovers around the planet. A perfect dessert for any party, vegan carrot cake features some miraculous ingredients such as whole wheat flour, soy flour, cinnamon, and cloves; as it’s a vegan cake, so there are no animal-related products at all. The cake takes a bit of time of time to get ready, so you need to be patient. Do frost the cake with any of your favorite frostings and get to enjoy a perfect vegan dessert.