- Apple Cider Vinegar1 Tablespoons
- Almond Milk1 1/2 Cups
- All Purpose Flour2 Cups
- White Sugar1 Cups
- Baking Powder2 Teaspoons
- Baking Soda1/2 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Coconut Oil1/2 Cupswarmed until liquid
- Vanilla Extract1 1/4 Teaspoons
1) Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 350 F and then generously grease two muffins pans (12-cup) with butter or olive oil.
2) Pour the apple cider vinegar into a measuring cup (2-cup) and then add almond milk in it so that the mixture is about one and a half cup in volume.
3) Let the mixture stand for about 5 minutes so that the mixture is quite curdled.
4) Place flour in a bowl and add salt, baking powder, sugar, and baking soda in it. Mix well so that the mixture is quite smooth.
5) Transfer the almond milk mixture into another bowl and add vanilla extract and coconut oil in it; mix well.
6) Add the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients and mix well until the mixture is quite smooth.
7) Now transfer the batter to the prepared muffin cups in equal amounts.
8) Place the cups in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes; do make sure that the tops of the cups spring back when pressed generously.
9) Set a pan over a wire rack and place the all the muffins over the pan; let the cupcakes cool down.
10) Then place all the cupcakes over the serving plate and apply any of your favorite frostings over the cakes.
11) Serve the frosted vegan cupcakes as a perfect and creamy vegan dessert.
No party is complete if you haven’t featured a dessert in the menu; some of my very good friends are vegans, so I also do need to adjust the menu according to their taste. So, for the dessert slot for the vegans, I do prepare these delicious vegan cupcakes which always prove to be a perfect treat to the taste buds. The great thing about this recipe is that you can do replace the ingredients with any other type of your choice. For instance, almond milk can be replaced with cashew milk or coconut milk. As far as the frosting is concerned, I use cream cheese frosting or chocolate frosting; but again as I said, any frosting would go great, such as granulated sugar.