- Button Mushrooms6
- Cabbage1/4 Cupsshredded
- French Beans1/4 Cupsfinely chopped
- Garlic1 Teaspoonschopped
- Ginger1 Teaspoonsfinely chopped
- Celery2 Teaspoonsfinely chopped
- Corn Starch5 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper3/4 Teaspoons
- Soy Sauce3 Teaspoons
- Vinegar2 Teaspoons
- Water2 1/2 Cups
- Coriander Leaves3 Teaspoons
- Oil1 Tablespoons
- Saltto taste
1) Rinse cabbage and French beans and then shred them finely.
2) Cut the mushroom into fine slices after you wipe them with a cloth.
3) Rinse carrots, peel them off, and grate them finely.
4) Chop garlic, onions, and ginger into fine pieces.
5) Add a tablespoon of oil in a wok and bring it over low heat.
6) Once the oil gets heated, add onion, garlic, and ginger.
7) Stir well and saute for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
8) Add chopped French beans, stir well, and then add mushroom slices.
9) Cook the mushrooms over high heat until the edges of mushroom turn golden in color.
10) Add cornstarch in water, mix well to make a paste, and set it aside.
11) Add carrots, celery, and cabbage in the mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes.
12) Add water and soy sauce and mix well again.
13) Sprinkle salt according to taste.
14) Increase the heat from low to medium and heat it well.
15) Add corns starch paste in the soup and mix well again.
16) Cook well on medium heat until the soup becomes thick.
17) Add white pepper and vinegar and mix well again.
18) Turn off the heat and check its taste.
19) Adjust the quantity of salt, vinegar, and soy sauce.
20) Garnish the delicious hot and sour soup with coriander leaves and serve.
Spicy, hot, and sour – these three words successfully define this delicious soup that goes great in winter season. It’s hot because of the chilies and pepper and sour because of vinegar. I would suggest you adding Chinese vinegar but you can add any type of vinegar according to taste. And obviously, you can any type of vegetables according to taste!