- Vegetable Oil1 1/2 Tablespoons
- Cubed Carrots4
- Cubed Potatoes2
- Diced Onion1Small
- Red Bell Pepper1/2Chopped
- Green Bell Pepper1/2Chopped
- Tomato Sauce4 Ounces
- Garlic4 ClovesMinced
- Fresh Ginger Root1 TeaspoonsMinced
- Salt2 Teaspoons
- Ground Cashews3 TablespoonsUnsalted
- Curry Powder1 1/2 Tablespoons
- Green Peas1 CupsFrozen
- Heavy Cream1 Cups
- Fresh Cilantro1 BunchFor Garnish
1) Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
2) Cook the diced onion in skillet for couple of minutes or until tender. Stir in minced garlic and fresh minced ginger root, and cook for 1 minute.
3) Stir in cubed carrots, potatoes, cashews, tomato sauce, jalapeno and season with curry powder and salt. Cook all the vegetables for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4) Add chopped red bell pepper, green bell pepper, green peas and heavy cream.
5) Simmer for 10 minutes over low heat and use fresh cilantro for garnish. Serve vegetarian korma with boiled rice.
You must be familiar with Vegetarian Korma if you belong to subcontinent region but other people from regions like Europe, America or Australia don’t have any idea about this recipe. It’s an Indian recipe extremely rich, flavorful, creamy, exotic and yummy. Serve the dish with boiled rice to have some extra protein.