- White Vinegar1/4 Cups
- Fish Sauce1/4 Cups
- Lime Juice2 Tablespoons
- White Sugar2 Tablespoons
- Red Pepper Flakes1/4 Teaspoons
- Garlic1 ClovesChopped
- Canola Oil1/2 Teaspoons
- Shallots2 TablespoonsChopped
- Moderate Shrimp8
- Skewers for grilling
- Rice Vermicelli Noodles8 Ounces
- Lettuce1 CupsChopped
- Bean Sprouts1 Cups
- Cucumbers1Cut into 2 inch pieces
- Pickled Carrots1/4 CupsChopped
- Peanuts1/4 CupsCrushed
- Mint3 TablespoonsChopped
- Thai Basil3 TablespoonsChopped
- Cilantro3 TablespoonsChopped
- Diakon Radish1/4 CupsChopped
Steps to make Vermicelli Noodle Bowl Recipe:
1) Take a bowl and whisk together sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and vinegar.
2) Add garlic and red pepper flakes to the bowl. Toss and mix well. Leave the bowl aside.
3) Heat up oil in a skillet over moderate flame. Stir fry the shallots for about 10 minutes time.
4) Prepare the grill and heat it up to moderate. Slightly grease the grill grate too.
5) Thread shrimps on the skewers and grill until evenly pink. ( About 2 minutes to either side of the shrimp ). Leave aside once done.
6) Fill a stock pot with water and bring to a boil over high flame.
7) Add the vermicelli noodles to the water and stir well. Turn the flame down to moderate and leave to boil for 10 minuts time.
8) Drain the noodles thoroughly and rinse with cold water. Leave aside to let cool.
9) Now serve your delicious Vermicelli Noodle Bowl Recipe in this way:
For each bowl:
i) Fill half of it with the boiled noodles. Fill the other half of the bowl with lettuce and bean sprouts.
ii) Top with carrots, daikon, cilantro, Thai Basil, peanuts, mint, cucumbers and the fried shallots.
iii) Top with the grilled shrimp and the sauce. Toss to coat the sauce well before serving!
Vietnamese meals are always a treat to have in the hot summer weather. This Vermicelli Noodle Bowl Recipe is a beautiful yet simple dish that brings to you rice vermicelli, herbs, bean sprouts, cucumber alongside stunningly grilled shrimp. One of the best seafood meals I have ever had! This is amazing!