- White Rice1 Cupsuncooked long grain
- Water2 Cups
- White Sugar5 Teaspoons
- Garlic4 Clovesminced
- Fish Sauce1/4 Cups
- Water5 Tablespoons
- Chili Sauce1 1/2 Tablespoons
- Vegetable Oil2 Tablespoons
- Beef1 Poundsground
- Cumin1 Tablespoonsground
- Tomatoes28 Ouncesdiced
- Lettuce Leaves2 Cups
1) Add water in a pot and add rice in it.
2) Bring the pot over medium heat and allow them to boil.
3) Reduce the heat to low heat.
4) Cover the pot and allow the rice to cook for about 25 minutes.
5) Place sugar in a bowl and add a garlic clove in it. Mash well with a pestle.
6) Add water, lemon juice, fish sauce, and chili sauce in the bowl. Mix well.
7) Pour oil in a wok and bring it over high heat.
8) Once the oil is well heated, add 3 cloves of garlic in the wok. Saute the garlic cloves.
9) Add beef in the wok and then add cumin.
10) Cook the beef so that it turns brown in color from all sides.
11) Add tomatoes and half of the fish sauce mixture in the wok.
12) Reduce the heat from medium to low and cook for another 20 minutes so that the mixture becomes thick.
13) Add lettuce in the beef mixture and mix well.
14) Serve the curry over the rice.
15) Add the other half of fish sauce over the rice and serve.
This delicious beef curry is served with plain rice; the great thing is that it is quite easy to prepare. Lettuce is cooked in the curry to give it a whole lot new taste.