- Rice Vermicelli2 Ounces
- Rice Wrappers8
- Shrimp8cooked; peeled, deveined and cut in half
- Thai basil1 1/3 Tablespoonschopped; fresh
- Mint Leaves3 Tablespoonsfresh
- Cilantro3 Tablespoonsfresh; chopped
- Lettuce Leaves2chopped
- Fish Sauce4 Teaspoons
- Water1/4 Cups
- Fresh Lime Juice2 Tablespoons
- Garlic1 Clovesminced
- Garlic Chili Sauce1/2 Teaspoons
- Hoisin Sauce3 Tablespoons
- Peanuts1 Teaspoonsfinely chopped
1) Pour water in a medium-sized saucepan and bring the pan over heat. Allow the water to boil.
2) Add rice vermicelli in the pan and boil for about 5 minutes so that the vermicelli is well cooked. Drain the vermicelli from the pan.
3) Take a large bowl and add warm water in it.
4) Dip a wrapper in the hot water for just a second so that it becomes soft.
5) Arrange the wrapper flat and add 2 shrimp halves along a handful of cilantro, vermicelli, mint, lettuce and basil.
6) Fold the sides inward, roll it tightly in a way that you start and end with lettuce. Repeat the procedure with all the ingredients.
7) Pour water in another bowl and fish sauce, chili sauce, garlic, lime juice, and sugar. Mix well.
8) Mix peanuts and hoisin sauce in another bowl.
9) Serve the Vietnamese spring rolls with hoisin sauce and fish sauce.
Not only a great appetizer in the summer season, but these rolls also great to be served as a snack. Get to prepare these rolls in just about an hour. Serve with any of your favorite sauces.