- Olive Oil
- Onion1/2small; chopped
- Kosher Saltto taste
- Black Pepperto taste
- Wheat Berries2 Cupscooked
- Peppadew Peppers4
- Hummus2 Tablespoonsprepared
1) Pour a teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet and bring the skillet over medium heat.
2) Add onion in the skillet and add a pinch of salt in it.
3) Saute the onion for about 4 minutes so that they become translucent.
4) Set aside the skillet and allow the onion to cool down.
5) Place the onion in a food processor (with a steal blade) and add egg, wheat berries, and peppadew peppers in it.
6) Add quarter a teaspoon each of black pepper and kosher salt in the food processor.
7) Process the ingredients until the mixture is well combined. Do stop the processor a couple of times to scrape down the sides of the processor.
8) Make 6 evenly sized patties out of the mixture.
9) Pour 2 teaspoon of oil in a skillet and bring the skillet over heat.
10) Place a couple of burgers in the skillet and cook them for about 5 minutes.
11) Turn over the burgers and then cook for about 5 minutes from other side.
12) Repeat the procedure with all the burgers and serve the wheat berry burgers with a delicious sauce.
Are you one of those who love to have wheat berries? Or are you one of those who don’t want to enjoy wheat berries in the form of a salad? If yes, then get to prepare these easy to prepare wheat berry burgers in just about half an hour. I love to have these burgers with a sauce but you can also serve them with some veggie salad.