- Whole Wheat Flour1 1/2 Cups
- Baking Powder1 Teaspoons
- Baking Soda1/2 Teaspoons
- Salt1 Pinch
- Unrefined Cane Sugar1/2 Cups
- Oil2/3 Cupsnuetral-flavored
- Vanilla Extract1 Teaspoons
1) Preheat the oven at 180 C.
2) Peel off the bananas and chop them into small pieces.
3) Place the chopped pieces in a bowl and use a fork to mash them finely (a blender can also be used for this purpose).
4) Add vanilla extract, oil, and sugar in the bowl.
5) Mix well so that the sugar gets well dissolved and the oil is mixed too.
6) Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl and mix them well.
7) Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
8) Add chopped walnuts and mix well again.
9) Transfer the batter to a greased cake pan.
10) Shake the pan gently and then place it in the center rack of the oven.
11) Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes. Make sure a teaser poked in the center of the cake comes out clean.
12) Cover the cake with an aluminum foil.
13) Slice the cake and serve it with coffee or tea.
Banana Cake is one of the most widely eaten cakes around the world. The special thing about this cake is that it doesn’t feature eggs and uses whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour. To make it more soft, you can increase the amount of bananas. Serve the cake plain with a cup of tea or top it with buttercream, whipped cream, or chocolate icing. You can also add raisins, cashews, chocolate chips, and pistachios along with chopped walnuts.