- Whole Wheat Flour3 Cups
- Water1 1/4 Cups
- Instant Yeast1 Teaspoons
- Rock Salt1 Teaspoons
- Sugar1 Tablespoons
- Oil2 Tablespoons
- Curd2 Tablespoons
- Milk1/4 Cups
1) Add flour in a bowl along with salt and mix well.
2) Add a teaspoon of instant yeast and mix gently.
3) Add sugar, instant yeast, curd, and oil and mix gently again.
4) Add water slowly in batches and make smooth dough out of the mixture.
5) To make the dough sticky, add more water if required.
6) Brush water over the dough, transfer it to a bowl.
7) Cover the bowl with a lid and set it aside for about 35 minutes.
8) Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it again.
9) Extract a log out of the dough and place it in a loaf pan (greased with butter) for about 45 minutes.
10) Cover the pan with a lid and allow it to rise.
11) Preheat the oven at 220 C.
12) After twenty minutes, place the loaf pan in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes so that the bread seems hollow upon tapping.
13) Cover the bread with butter paper when it turns brown from the top.
14) Remove the bread from the loaf pan while it is a bit and transfer it to wire rack so that it cools down.
Whole Wheat Bread can be prepared very easily at home with a bunch of ingredients that are easily available. Curd is the special ingredient in this recipe which gives a special touch to this bread. I used instant yeast in the recipe, as the bread rises quickly as compared to the recipe where dry active yeast is used. I used my hands to knead the dough but you can also do it with a stand mixer.