- Carrots2small to medium
- Green Chili1
- Curd1 Cupsfresh
- Cumin Powder1/2 Teaspoonsroasted
- Black Saltto taste
- Coriander Leavesfor garnish
- Ghee1/2 Teaspoons
- Asafoetida1 Pinch
1) Rinse the carrots with clean water and peel them off.
2) Grate the carrots and place them in a bowl.
3) Pour a cup of fresh yogurt in a separate bowl and whisk it until it becomes smooth and creamy.
4) Add carrots and green chilies or ½ teaspoon red chili powder.
5) Mix the ingredients well so that everything becomes well mixed.
6) Add cumin powder (1/2 teaspoon) and black salt according to taste.
7) Add black salt in the bowl.
8) Mix well again.
9) Pour ½ teaspoon oil in a small pan and bring it to heat.
10) Add a pinch of asafoetida and fry it for about 10 seconds.
11) Add it to the bowl and mix the ingredients well.
12) Garnish the dip with coriander leaves.
13) Serve the dip immediately or refrigerate it for later use.
Yogurt Carrot Dip is a popular Indian dip that is best served with vegetable rice and vegetable curries. Do make sure that you always use fresh carrots and curd to make this dip. I have used black salt but you can also alternate it with rock salt.