- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
- Garlic2 ClovesChopped
- Red Pepper FlakesPinchCrushed
- Basil1 TablespoonsChopped
- Red Wine Vinegar1 Teaspoons
- White Sugar1 Teaspoons
- Canned Tomatoes15 OuncesDiced
- SaltTo Taste
- Ground Black PepperTo Taste
- Butter1 Tablespoons
- Salt and Ground Black PepperTo Taste
- Mozzarella Cheese1.5 CupsShredded
- Italian Sandwich Rolls4
1) Heat up olive oil in a skillet over moderate flame.
2) Add garlic, red pepper flakes and basil. Stir fry for a couple minutes time.
3) Season with salt, ground black pepper and sugar. Mix until sugar melts through.
4) Stir in vinegar and mix it throughout the whole mixture.
5) Add tomatoes. Toss and mix thoroughly. Turn the flame down to low and simmer for about 12-15 minutes time.
6) Transfer the mixture to a food blender. Blend for 30 seconds to form a creamy puree. Your marinara sauce is ready.
7) Flame the baking oven up to the 180 degree Celsius mark.
8) Heat up butter in a skillet over moderate flame. Fry the Zucchini for a couple of minutes.
9) Sprinkle salt, ground black pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir fry well.
10) Fill all sandwich rolls with the fried Zucchini mixture and top with marinara sauce.
11) Then top the marinara sauce layer with lots of mozzarella cheese.
12) Roll up and wrap in aluminium foil. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve warm!
The first time I made these Zucchini Grinders Recipe , they turned out to be one of the best sandwiches I had ever had before. The marinara sauce is fabulous and its combination with mozzarella cheese is more than just perfect. You can also make these amazing grinders in bulk and freeze them for later use.