- Baby Potatoes250 Grams
- Sesame Oil1 Tablespoons
- Mustard Seeds1/2 Teaspoons
- Cumin Seeds1/2 Teaspoons
- Onions1/4 Cupschopped
- Curry Leaves7
- Asafoetida1 Pinch
- Turmeric Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Red Chili Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Sambar Powder1 Teaspoons
- Coriander Leaves2 Tablespoons
1) Rinse baby potatoes with water and then steam them in a pressure cooker for about 2 whistles.
2) Peel off the potatoes and set them aside.
3) Pour a tablespoon of sesame oil in a pan and heat it well on low heat.
4) Add mustard seeds in the oil and allow them to crackle.
5) Add cumin seeds and saute until the cumin seeds change color.
6) Chop onions finely and add quarter a cup of them in the pan.
7) Add 7 curry leaves along with a pinch of asafoetida.
8) Cook well so that the onions become translucent.
9) Add the potatoes in the pan and mix well again.
10) Add quarter a teaspoon each of turmeric powder, red chili powder along a teaspoon of sambar powder.
11) Mix the ingredients well so that the potatoes are well coated with the mixture.
12) Add salt in the mixture and stir well again.
13) Cook potatoes for about 5 minutes over low heat and then add coriander leaves in it.
14) Stir well and then turn off the heat.
15) Serve baby potato fry with plain rice or chapatti.
Potato Fry is served with plain rice and this time I have tried to make this snack with baby potatoes instead of regular potatoes. Pearl onions give this snack a great taste, but you may also add conventional type of onions according to taste.