- Canned Kidney Beans15 Ounces
- Canned Baked Beans with Pork16 Ounces
- Canned Butter Beans15 Ounces
- Ketchup1/2 Cups
- White Vinegar2 Teaspoons
- Dry Mustard1 Tablespoons
- Brown Sugar3/4 Cups
- Lean Beef1 PoundsMinced
- Bacon4 Ounces
- Onion1/2 CupsChopped
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
1) Flame up the baking oven to the 180 degree Celsius mark.
2) Heat up a skillet over moderate flame. Add in the beef, followed by bacon and onion.
3) Stir fry thoroughly until the beef loses all its pink color. Filter off all excess fat.
4) Take a bowl and mix in baked beans, butter beans and kidney beans.
5) Stir in white wine and ketchup. Whisk together well, then add in mustard and brown sugar. Mix thoroughly.
6) Finally add the fried beef bacon mixture to the bowl. Toss and coat well and then season with salt and ground black pepper.
7) Set up all contents of the bowl on a baking dish. Bake in the hot oven for half an hour. Serve warm!
Calico Bean Casserole Recipe is one for the bean lovers out there. Butter beans, baked beans and kidney beans all combined in one deliciously tasty casserole delight. Full of flavor and very filling. Makes for a perfect meal. The dish has a slow cooker version too, search this site for Slow cooker bean casserole.