- All Purpose Flour1 Cups
- Cornstarch2 Tablespoons
- SaltTo Taste
- Water1 Cups
- Egg Yolk1 Egg
- Egg Whites2 eggs
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- Medium Shrimp1 PoundsPeeled and Deveined
1) Add oil to a deep fryer and heat it up to high heat, around 185 degree Celsius.
2) Take a bowl and mix together salt, cornstarch and flour.
3) Make a well in center of the flour and add water and egg yolk into that hole.
4) Mix and whisk throughly. Then add in the egg whites and whisk readily!
5) Coat the shrimpd in the prepared batter and carefully add them, one by one, to the hot oil.
6) Fry each shrimp for a couple minutes in the super hot oil. Serv on tissue papered platters.
Crispy Shrimp Tempura Recipe is a Japanese version of the shrimp Tempure, more crispy and more delicious to say the least. These taste exactly like the ones we are served in Japanese restaurants and my wife is just in love with them. Make for a wonderful appetizer or even as a stunning main course meal if served with fried rice.