- Oil for deep frying
- Baking Powder1 Tablespoons
- All Purpose Flour1/2 Cups
- Serrano Pepper1Chopped
- SaltTo Taste
- Curry Powder1 Tablespoons
- Garlic3 ClovesChopped
- Green Split Peas14 Ounces
1) Soak the chickpeas in water for several hours or preferably overnight.
2) Add garlic, curry powder, salt and serrano pepper to a food blender.
3) Add the soft chickpeas to the blender. Blend for half a minute or until a smooth puree forms. If needed, add water to make a thick paste.
4) Take a bowl and readily mix together half cup of flour and baking powder.
5) Add the bowl mixture to the prepared puree. Add more flour, mix thorougly and your batter is ready.
6) Prepare a deep fryer and heat up oil in it over high flame.
7) Using large spoons, add the batter to the hot oil and fry for a out 2 minutes. Once firm, turn and fry the other side for 2 minutes too.
8) Once all have been fried, set up on tissue papered dishes and serve!
Super are the meals that can go well both, as appetizers and as main course meals. These Green Pea Poulourie Recipe are incredibly versatile and delightfully tasty! Me and my wife love having these with hot egg fried rice. You may also try having these as a side dish with your favorite dip sauce!