- Whole Wheat Flour1 1/2 Cups
- All Purpose Flour1/2 Cups
- Olive Oil2 Tablespoons
- Dry Active Yeast1 Teaspoons
- Water1/2 Cups
- Sugar1/4 Teaspoons
- Fresh Herbs3/4 Cupschopped; rosemary, basil, parsley
- Sun-dried Tomatoes9chopped
- Saltto taste
- Sea Saltfor sprinkle
- Rosemary Leavesfor sprinkle
1) Preheat the oven to 200 C.
2) Pour half a cup of warm water in a small bowl and add sugar in it.
3) Mix well so that the sugar gets well dissolved in it.
4) Add yeast in the bowl and place the bowl in a warm place for about 12 minutes so that the mixture bubbles up.
5) Add chopped herbs, salt, sundried tomatoes, and olive oil in a bowl and mix well.
6) Add all purpose flour and whole wheat flour in the bowl and mix well again.
7) Now add yeast-water mixture in it and mix well again.
8) Add a couple of tablespoon of water in the mixture so that the dough binds well.
9) Knead the dough well so that it becomes smooth but make sure that it is not that sticky.
10) Rub olive oil over the dough and cover the bowl with a lid.
11) Place it in a refrigerator for about 40 minutes so that it becomes double in size.
12) Knead the dough again until it becomes quite elastic.
13) Make oval shapes of the dough.
14) Generously grease a baking sheet with olive oil and place the oval shaped dough pieces on it.
15) Use a knife to make a criss-cross pattern on the tops of the dough pieces.
16) Cover the dough pieces with a kitchen towel and place it in a warm place for about 20 minutes so that they are well risen.
17) Brush some olive oil on the bread bunds and then sprinkle some salt and rosemary leaves over it.
18) Bake the dough pieces for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
19) Serve Italian herb bread warm.
Whole wheat flour, olive oil, and all purpose flour are combined in this recipe of Italian bread; the recipe is quite simple and easy. Fresh basil, rosemary, tomatoes, and parsley are such ingredients that not only make this bread a lot tasty but also make it quite healthy.
Italian herb bread is quite aromatic that is an added advantage besides its delicious taste. I combined whole wheat flour and all purpose flour in the recipe to make it feel chewy; but you will not get the chewy taste if you don’t add wheat flour in it.
Once you are done with the baking, use a kitchen towel to handle them, and place them in the fridge. Then warm the bread in the morning and serve it with a cup of tea.