- Cake flour3 Cups
- Baking soda1 Teaspoons
- White sugar1 Cups
- Unsweetened cocoa powder2 Cups
- Buttermilk2 Cups
- Vanilla extract2 Teaspoons
- Apple cider vinegar1 Tablespoons
- Butter2 Cups
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2) Take cake pan and grease with butter and flour thoroughly.
3) Mix sugar, food color, buttermilk, salt, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Add to it properly beaten eggs.
4) Bake in preheated oven for an hour or till a toothpick inserted has come out clean.
5) Let the cake cool in refrigerator. Top with brown sugar, frosted bananas and pieces of apples to give it a velvety look.
This cake has been a creation of my lovely mom. I can call it her signature dessert as I have never tasted such a cake ever in life. It features best flavor of real cooked frosting, and other ingredients. The taste of the ingredients has well been extracted during the baking of the cake, making it a wonderful weekend dessert.