- Olive Oil6 Tablespoons
- Garlic2 ClovesChopped
- Ginger Root1 TablespoonsGrated
- Red Chile Peppers2
- Onion1/2 CupsChopped
- Cumin Powder2 Teaspoons
- Coriander1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric1 Teaspoons
- Sour Cream3/4 Cups
- Spinach3 PoundsChopped
- Cilantro4 sprigs
- Ricotta Cheese or Cottage Cheese8 Ounces
- SaltTo Taste
1) Heat up olive oil in a skillet over moderate flame. Saute garlic for a minute.
2) add in red chilies, ginger and onion. Stir fry until fragrant and brown.
3) Add coriander, cumin, sour cream and turmeric. Mix well over flame.
4) Add spinach, bit by bit and keep stirring readily with one hand.
5) Cook the spinach for atleast 15 minutes time. Set aside.
6) Transfer the cooked spinach to a food blender. Add tomatoes, ginger and cilantro. Blend well.
7) Add the blended spinach mixture back into the same skillet over low flame.
8) In another skillet, heat up cheese in some olive oil over moderate flame.
9) Top the spinach skillet mixture with the heated cheese. Mix and coat thoroughly.
10) Cook for 5 to 8 minutes on low flame and season with salt before serving!
Palak Paneer Recipe is a delicously and famous Indian dish which means "Spinach in cheese". A high famous recipe throughout the middle eastern part of the world. This version of the dish is more flavorful then any other. Simple and easy too! Try over white boiled rice and enjoy!