- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
- Garlic6 Teaspoonsminced
- Shrimp1 Pounds
- Puff Pastry Shells12baked
- Butter4 Tablespoons
- Cream Cheese8 Ouncessoftened
- Heavy Cream1/2 Cups
- Gouda16 Ouncesgrated
- Salt2 Teaspoons
1) Preheat an oven to 175 C/ 350 F.
2) Pour a tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and place the skillet over low heat.
3) Add garlic and onion in the skillet and cook the veggies so that the onions become translucent; set aside the skillet so that the mixture is quite cool.
4) Once the mixture is quite cool, remove the liquid from the skillet and set the garlic aside.
5) Cut all the shrimp into pieces, each piece being half an inch in size; do not cut 12 pieces as they will be used for garnishing.
6) Add butter, garlic, and the shrimp pieces in a large skillet and bring the skillet over heat; let the butter melt and cook the shrimp for about 4 minutes so that it’s well cooked.
7) Take a cooled pastry shell and remove its center circle and a bit of portion from the inside. Repeat the procedure with all the pastry shells.
8) Place cream cheese in a bowl and beat it well so that it becomes quite creamy. Add eggs, one after the other, and beat well until the mixture is quite smooth.
9) Now add shrimp, cream, salt, onions, and Gouda cheese in the bowl and mix well again.
10) Fill the puff pastry shells with this filling using a tablespoon.
11) Place the puff pastry shells in the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes so that the filling turns brown in color from the top.
12) Garnish the shells with shrimp pieces and chopped chive pieces and serve this delicious shrimp scampi cheesecake as desired.
Have you ever enjoyed a cheesecake appetizer that features seafood? If you haven’t, then let me introduce to this marvelous shrimp scampi cheesecake – a perfect cheesecake, featuring Gouda cheese that carries a perfect seafood blend. Popular among the seafood lovers, shrimp scampi cheesecake can be prepared in just about an hour or so.