- All Purpose Flour2 Cups
- Baking Powder4 Teaspoons
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Shortening1/2 Cups
- Milk3/4 Cups
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2) Apply a generous coat of cooking spray over a cookie sheet.
3) Mix flour with salt and baking powder in a bowl.
4) Add shortening in the bowl and mix well so that it becomes a fine mixture.
5) Add milk in the bowl and mix using a fork to make soft dough.
6) Knead the dough for about 10 times and then roll it out to make it ½-inch thick.
7) Cut the dough into rounds with a cookie cutter.
8) Place the rounds on a cookie sheet and let them stand for about 6-7 minutes.
9) Place the sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
10) Remove the tea biscuits from the oven and serve them warm with a cup of tea or coffee.
Whenever I visit the market to purchase grocery, I never miss out to purchase biscuits. I can stay for days without bread and butter, but I can’t spend a day without cookies. Honestly speaking, it wasn’t that economical for me to purchase biscuits from the market, which made me search for a perfect recipe for biscuits. Finally, I was able to get this easy and simple recipe that not only lets me enjoy some delicious biscuits but also allow me save a lot of bucks. I love to enjoy them with tea, but you can also serve them with honey or jam.