- Butter1/2 CupsDivided
- Egg Noodles8 Ounces
- Medium Onion1/2Chopped
- Stalk Celery1Chopped
- Garlic1 ClovesMinced
- Button Mushrooms8 OuncesSliced
- All-purpose Flour1/4 Cups
- Milk2 Cups
- SaltTo Taste
- Black PepperTo TasteGround
- Tuna2 Cans OuncesDrained and Flaked
- Frozen Peas1 Cups
- Bread Crumbs3 Tablespoons
- Butter2 TablespoonsMelted
- Cheddar Cheese1 CupsShredded
1) Heat up your oven to 190 degree Celsius.
2) In a pot of lightly salted water, boil the egg noodles. (Shouldnt
take more than 10 minutes, dont cook too much!)
3) In a skillet, melt some butter on low flame. Saute onion, celery
and garlic for 5 minutes in the butter. Slightly, increase the flame,
and add mushrooms. Stir and mix well for atleast 5 minutes on medium
flame so that the moisture evaporates.
4) In a separate saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter and mix in
flour. Stir until creamy. Slowly and bit by bit, add milk and keep
stiring. Cook for 5 minutes, until a smooth creamy mixture is formed.
Do not thicken too much! Add salt and pepper to taste, followed by
throwing in tuna, mushroom mixture from Step 3, peas and noodles from
5) Set up the mixture prepared in Step 4 in a baking dish. Combine two
tablespoons of butter with bread crumbs and sprinkle this over the
casserole. Then sprinkle cheese on top.
6) Make sure you had the baking dish buttered before Step 5. Bake for
25-30 minutes, or until the cheese has browned a bit.
Surely one of the best Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe, because it does not require canned soups! Enjoy your favorite casserole delight now with this easy to follow step by step recipe from scratch!